Sous Chef/KM – Raleigh, NC CLOSED Position Filled
Posted 4 months ago
Great food and service
Committed to building a talented team
Locally-owned and a longtime favorite in the community, this team operates with the company’s core values at the heart of everything they do: a commitment to hospitality, high quality ingredients that are responsibly and thoughtfully sourced, health, safety and a positive culture and work environment.
- Maintain food quality and safety standards.
- Oversee all phases of food production including inventory, ordering, storage, preparation and execution to service time standards.
- Monitor and coach team members on performance and compliance; train and develop team members to their highest potential.
- Evaluate work procedures and identify methods for increasing productivity.
- Write weekly work schedules to accommodate team members and sales volumes.
- Maintain a clean and functional kitchen. Maintain the working condition of all equipment to reduce operating costs.
- Recruit and interview applicants, hire and onboard new team members.
- Monitor and control food and labor costs using established methods to meet goals for the store.
- Bonus programs based on meeting company set goals
- Medical and dental coverage
- Meal discounts
- Paid training
- Two one-week paid vacations per year
- Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter and July 4 off
- 401(k) plan
- ServSafe Certification classes and ongoing health/safety training
- Previous supervisory and/or hospitality industry experience required.
- Strong understanding of food safety best practices; ServSafe certified.
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability. Must be able to manage multiple projects and work well under pressure.
- Strong communication skills and a willingness to learn.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.