GM – nationwide CLOSED Position Filled
Good quality of life
Fun team environment
Health and life insurance
The General Manager contributes to the success of the restaurant through the direction and control of restaurant operations to ensure a positive guest experience and company profitability. The General Manager’s responsibility is to direct the operation of the restaurant, attain sales and profit objectives, maintain the highest standards of food quality, service, cleanliness, safety and sanitation by directing and supervising managers and team members.
The General Manager reports to the Area Director
- Ensure a high-quality operation
- Maintain controls
- Manage team members
- Advocate a team environment
- Manage personal development
Ensure a High Quality Operation
- Provide team members, managers, and guests with a positive experience and atmosphere.
- Ensure prompt, friendly service according to restaurant guidelines.
- Ensure the production of high quality food on a consistent basis.
- Direct overall activities and performance of team members on a shift-by-shift basis.
- Drive positive Guest experience through a front door and floor presence and timely delivery of accurate food orders.
- Maintain the proper atmosphere through music and lighting levels for varying business periods.
- Promote an atmosphere of positive Guest relations. Build Guest relationships and respond to Guest complaints or concerns professionally and in a timely manner. Responsible for written communications with Guests.
- Establish a positive relationship with the local authorities and seek their help in managing regulatory and governance related issues.
- Responsible for assisting with the development of sales and marketing strategies and for implementing, advertising, and promoting campaigns. Responsible to support and implement Support Center – corporate initiatives.
- Maintain and inspect dining room, food receiving, preparation, production, and storage areas to ensure that health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times. Correct unsafe practices or conditions.
- Supervise cleaning and maintenance of equipment and arrange for repairs, contracts, and other services. Maintain restaurant cleanliness and organization for both the interior and exterior of the restaurant.
- Follow the standards as described in the Policy & Procedures Manual and Operations Manual.
- Review financial information such as sales and costs and monitor budget to ensure efficient operation and that expenditures stay within budget limitations. Take action to correct any deviations from the budget. Use the computer for review and analysis of information.
- Responsible for the financial results of the restaurant.
- Maintain and control restaurant assets. Monitor restaurant’s on-hand inventory for waste and theft.
- Control service contract; follow through on all work done, ensure proper billing and compare costs on a semi-annual basis with other purveyors.
- Conduct line checks to ensure product standards and specifications.
- Ensure adequate inventory levels that allow for Guest needs but do not tie up company assets in unneeded and costly inventory.
- Complete daily paperwork and projects on a timely basis.
- Comply with cash control policies and procedures. Ensure all managers, supervisors, and team members comply with cash control policy and procedures.
- Drive positive results for labor through proactive scheduling and reacting to business trends.
- Control operating costs by instituting awareness through the restaurant.
- Manage capital expenditures within the restaurant.
- Conduct inventories and calculate food and beverage costs. Use computer to facilitate collection and analysis of information. Respond to discrepancies from budgeted costs.
- May at times be responsible for ordering food and beverage products. May be responsible for receiving and checking orders to ensure that they adhere to company specifications.
- At times will direct the kitchen activities and performance of back of the house team members on a shift-by-shift basis.
- Responsible for submitting accurate information to the Support Center and Area Director.
Manage Team Members
- Ensure quality recruiting and training of new managers and supervisors.
- Hire, train, motivate, and evaluate all team members.
- Create positive relationships with team members and managers by treating all members with respect.
- Minimize turnover by responding to and resolving team member and manager issues.
- Support and practice an open door policy.
- Implement programs to reward positive contributions. Recognize and promote positive performers. Coach and counsel team members whose performance is below expectations.
- Develop team members. Ensure that timely performance reviews of team members are conducted. Conduct performance reviews of management team.
- Maintain a trained staff through effective use of employment orientation, individual training sessions, employee meetings and implementation of company training programs for team members and managers.
- Assure compliance with company policies, practices and procedures; communicate changes. Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws, regulations, and guidelines.
Advocate a Team Environment
- Display, encourage, and inspire high morale and motivation in the restaurant.
- Conduct team meetings to plan menus and related activities, plan special events, share information, or conduct supplemental training.
- Communicate with other managers using the managers on a daily basis.
- Show daily attention, participation and sensitivity needed to establish credibility and promote unity in the team.
- Hold management team accountable for areas of responsibility.
- Respond to team conflicts professionally and work towards positive resolutions.
- Set a good example through attitude, involvement, and positive influence.
- Establish an environment that does not permit or promote sexual or any other kinds of harassment.
- Ensure restaurant is staffed to avoid work load and poor morale issues.
- Report employee relation issues of a sensitive nature to the Human Resources department.
- Work with Human Resources and the Area Director for the positive outcome of such issues.
Manage Personal Development
- Provide effective leadership.
- Demonstrate organizational skills. Complete assignments and duties on time.
- Develop personal goals for professional growth.
- Maintain a pleasant, positive, and professional attitude in the eyes of team members, management team, and Guests.
- Exhibit a neat and clean appearance consistent with a professional image.
- Execute company programs and decisions with support and commitment.
General Manager Qualifications
- Professional oral and written communication skills. Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language of the restaurant.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Work well under pressure.
- Can effectively solve problems.
- Able to take and give direction.
- Can be flexible as needs dictate.
- Work well with other people in a team environment.
- Excellent attendance is required with schedule flexibility determined by business needs.
- Must be able to work all shifts when the restaurant is open.
- Two (2) year associates degree or a bachelors degree from a four (4) year college (desirable).
- Minimum of Two (2) years prior experience as a General Manager for a full service, quick casual, or fast food high volume restaurant.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high energy, and physically demanding environment.
- Must have the stamina and ability to work 50 to 60 hours a week. Must be able to occasionally work more than a 60 hour work week during short management staff situations.
- Must be able to spend 90% of working time standing.
- Must be able to spend 10% of working time sitting.
- Will be required to use all sensory capabilities such as: vision, hearing, tasting, smelling, touching, and speaking.
- Will be required to use physical capabilities such as: walking, bending, kneeling, handling, hand flexibility, reaching, squatting, crawling, lifting, climbing, and stooping.
- Must be able to carry loads greater than 35 pounds, and be able to transport up to 70 pounds regularly.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with our Guests in the primary language of the restaurant, specific to location. (Primarily English).
- Must be able to hear with 100% accuracy with correction.
- Must be able to see to 20/20 vision with correction.
- Travel may be required for occasional deliveries, visits to other locations, or company meetings. The General Manager is required to have reliable transportation to meet these travel requirements.