Upscale Casual Restaurant
Great team environment
Well-respected, award-winning concept
- Overall responsibility of running a high-volume, full-service, upscale casual restaurant
- Hire, train, coach and perform corrective action for all employees
- Hold regular staff meetings to keep employees informed of company policies, procedures and changes
- Provide the vision, leadership and strategy to inspire employees to deliver exceptional service and drive financial success
- Schedule employees to meet labor budgets
- Execute successful food and beverage marketing programs, artfully leverage revenue management within margins, driving profit to the bottom line with strong financial controls
- Coordinate with Executive Chef on menus and work with sales to create enticements that capture both in-house guests and local market
- Develop and implement creative strategies to increase revenues and average checks
- Build strong relationships with team members, vendors and guests
- Complete financial analyses and forecasting
- Ensures compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards and liquor laws
- Passion for quality and service
- Evidence of loyalty and personal accountability
- Proven ability to train and motivate a team
- High energy with the ability to make decisions quickly
- Proven track record in maintaining strong cost controls and quality standards
- Steady progression in restaurant management , including experience in both FOH and BOH
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to perform tasks several tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to work flexible days and hours, including weekends and holidays
- Must have command of the English language, written and verbal
- Basic mathematical skills for report/forecast preparation and other calculations
- Basic computer usage skills
- Good hearing and vision with or without corrective lenses
- Able to lift at least 20 pounds
- Involvement in local community a huge plus
APPEARANCE AND GROOMING: All staff members are required to follow the guidelines set forth by the associate handbook.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos, ability to write simple correspondence, ability to effectively present one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other staff members of the organization and hospitality community.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages and ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
REASONING ABILITY: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished written, oral, or diagram form, ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations and ability to address customer personalities in various business situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to use hands and fingers, to handle and feel objects, to type, and to talk with and hear guests. The staff member is also required to stand and walk. The staff member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The specific vision abilities required are close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The staff member will work in a high traffic/high volume business environment.