Front Office Manager – Atlanta, GA CLOSED Position Filled
Comprehensive healthcare plan including dental, vision and prescription
Work-life balance culture – flexible scheduling and PTO
Employer 401(K) Match Savings Plan, FSAs and retirement services
Annual Management Development Program
Vacation tab for community service
Discounts at company properties
Cash bonus and incentives
The purpose of a Front Office Manager is to assure the overall success of the hotel by meeting or exceeding the guest expectation for service.
Directly or indirectly supervises associates and supervisors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for the overall guest service of the hotel by maintaining an organized and efficient Front Desk operation.
- Prepares work schedules in accordance with forecasted occupancy.
- Supervises day-to-day activities of front desk, bell and valet staff.
- Utilizes leadership skills and motivation techniques in order to maximize employee productivity and satisfaction of direct reports.
- Meets and exceeds customer expectations by ensuring department provides outstanding customer service and teamwork.
- Coordinates staffing and payroll to conform with productivity and budgetary standards.
- Prepares payroll and schedules as required; monitors actual versus budget payroll activities.
- Works side by side with front desk associates when necessary to provide outstanding guest service; works scheduled Manager-on-Duty shifts on a weekly basis.
- Coordinates Front Desk work with other departments: Housekeeping, Engineering, Banquets.
- Participates in daily Yield Management Meetings.
- Ensures that all employees follow safety rules and procedures and takes corrective action where required to improve safety of work area.
- Coordinates the collection and submission of hotel news to the quarterly newsletter.
- Maintains proper front desk supplies inventory, conducts inventories as assigned and recommends purchase of products (remaining within budget).
- Confers closely with GM/AGM at all times and takes every opportunity to become familiar with all aspects of the hotel in order to assist wherever required.
- College degree in Hotel Administration
- Two-three years hotel management/supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Marriott experience preferred.