Director of Sales – Atlanta, GA CLOSED Position Filled
Comprehensive healthcare plan including dental, vision and prescription
Work-life balance culture – flexible scheduling and PTO
Employer 401(K) Match Savings Plan, FSAs and retirement services
Annual Management Development Program
Vacation tab for community service
Discounts at company properties
Cash bonus and incentives
The purpose of the Director of Sales is to assure the overall success of the hotel by meeting or exceeding the company’s expectations for top line revenue, efficiently managing sales and marketing expenses, train and develop sales team members, and actively participate in company events and programs. Additional responsibilities include developing and implementing continuous improvements of process and performance in full support of company programs and expectations.
Directly or indirectly supervises associates and/or supervisors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensures that each guest receives outstanding Guest Service by providing a guest-friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every guest, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of Guest Service.
- Empowered to guarantee total guest satisfaction, display hospitality and professionalism to our guests at all times, take pride in representing the hotel professionally with our guests and assuring that all transactions with guests are handled in a legal and ethical manner.
- Understands and apply all property safety and security procedures to maintain a secure and safe environment for associates and guests at all times. In the event of an accident or emergency, gets medical attention, if necessary, and contacts the GM or Human Resources immediately.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company associates to foster and promote a positive working environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Expectation to dedicate significant portion of time to participation and training of all aspects of direct solicitation sales in support of the company’s (CCE) Customer Contact Expectation program.
- Be a lead generator to property to support the sales process and development of new business opportunities.
- Assist hotel in meeting or exceeding assigned revenue goals, primarily, but not limited to: Rooms, F&B, Meeting Room Rental, Incremental and RevPAR Index.
- Represent the hotel at all times, in a hospitable and professional manner, to our clients and guests and business partners.
- Assure that all actions and transactions are handled in a legal, ethical manner.
- Monitor, measure and provide direction on all sales and marketing standards and expectations related to property and associate performance.
- Provide ongoing property updates, both verbally and written, to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing as directed on an ongoing basis.
- Works directly with hotel Integrated Services to ensure that all company and brand standards and programs are being properly utilized.
- Work efficiently and effectively with all hotels to operate as a team, ensures positive communication and support between sister properties.
- Empowered to guarantee total guest satisfaction, display hospitality and professionalism to our guests at all times, take pride in representing the hotels professionally with our guests and assuring that all transactions with guests are handled in a legal and ethical manner.
- Understand and apply all hotel safety and security procedures to maintain a secure and safe environment for employees and guests at all times. In the event of an accident, get medical attention if necessary and contact GM or MOD. Responsible for making sure a Worker’s Comp or General Liability claim is filed within 24-hours.
- Assists in the development and monitoring of sales goals for each hotel in their region, goals must always be fair to the hotel, the property and the associates.
- Ensures department operates within cost constraints.
- Maintains efficient reporting through use of current Monthly Sales Templates, Customer Contact Expectations, PSR’s and Action Plan follow up. Additional reports may be introduced and existing reports are subject to change.
- Actively participate in budgeting, forecasting and managing expenses to achieve company expectations.
- Performs Sales Audits to ensure information accuracy in property management systems, sales and catering software systems and general reporting.
- Trains Sales Managers on all key components of direct sales process to solicit existing and new clients, foster additional business, repeat bookings, or referrals to other hotels.
- Meets and exceeds customer expectations by ensuring department provides customer service and teamwork
- Provides Sales Managers with the skills training to provide value added service to customers with the purpose to enhance revenues.
- Provide extensive sales support to property General Managers.
- Maintains proper flow of information within the region and to Corporate office.
- Participates in yield management meetings in properties, as necessary
- Leads daily stand up meetings, weekly sales meetings and participates in all hotel related meetings as directed by General.
- Assist Sales Managers in increasing sales volume and profitability by developing and executing projects for all market segments as stated in the hotel business plan
- Develops plans, special sales activities, and promotions, monitors Return on Investment of all sales and marketing action plans and promotions.
- Ensures that property has maximized use of all company, brand and local CVB
- Conducts market analysis to determine client needs, occupancy potential, rates desired for hotel.
- Participates in solving problems with other department as required related to business booked in the hotel including space conflicts, threatened cancellations, and compromises between customer needs and hotel facilities.
- Required – Bachelors or better in Hospitality and Resort Management or related field.
- Required – three (required) to five years hotel sales management/leadership experience for a major hotel chain or management company.