Excellent quality of life
POSITION SUMMARY: The Director of Food & Beverage is responsible for delivering the expected Member experience, meeting/exceeding established performance metrics by operating all F&B outlets/ functions according to Club policies and procedures. Director works closely with Management to achieve short-term objectives and ensure the long-term viability of the Club. This is a hands-on position which requires daily interaction with the membership and staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Key Elements: Focus on our four key elements of Food and Beverage: consistency, quality, diversity and variety.
- Club Ambassador: Maintain active and positive involvement with all Members. Work closely with the General Manager and the Management Team to ensure alignment on financial and operational priorities. Ensure that all Members experiences and outside functions reflect a world class operation.
- Operational Execution: Provide Members a great experience by ensuring that all food and beverage outlets deliver consistent high-quality products with high-quality service in every transaction or interaction with Members.
- Facilities Management: Provide Members, outside functions and employees an inviting and safe environment by ensuring all routine cleaning, preventative maintenance, repair work and safety processes are appropriate and completed expeditiously at all food and beverage production and serving areas.
- Hiring & On-Boarding: Conduct all recruiting, interviewing and hiring in compliance with state/federal labor laws and Club policies. Ensure all newly hired employees complete the new employee orientation program. Work closely with the Director of Human Resources with the entire recruiting and on-boarding process.
- Training and Development: Fully responsible for ensuring all new and current employees are properly trained and/or certified to successfully perform their duties including all Club standard operating procedures and weekly/monthly training schedules. Review the current training program and documentation and update as necessary. Identify high-potential employees and prepare development plans to foster their growth. Assist with coaching and counseling as needed.
- Staffing: Ensure the department is properly staffed to meet Member demand. Strive for 0% vacancy at department level. Identify internal and external candidates to key departmental positions. Fill key departmental vacancies as required. Responsible for writing the FOH Food schedule; review the Bartending schedule for proper staffing levels.
- Performance Management: Lead the performance management process including setting specific, measureable department objectives and administering annual performance appraisals.
Processes & Procedures
- Operational Execution: Ensure the department achieves established performance metrics and operate according to Club policies and procedures. Ensure the department consistently delivers food that is presented, great tasting, according to an exact recipe, served professionally in a clean, safe and inviting atmosphere.
- Budgeting: Develops annual budgeting recommendations and delivers to the Chief Financial Officer an annual operating budget that achieves both Member experience and performance metrics.
- Financial Management: Monitor and track department financial performance across the appropriate time horizons to ensure budgets are met. Analyze and present monthly financial results including variance analyses, monthly forecasts and recommendations for operating adjustments needed to achieve budget. Contributes necessary information regarding revenue, costs, usage, labor and other expenses to produce a P&L for each required event or function with 72 hours.
- Market Intelligence: Lead intelligence gathering to gain a solid understanding of Member and outside function wants and needs, competitor club offerings and pricing.
- Capital Management: Makes recommendations to the General Manager for capital projects needed for the department to meet its operational execution goals.
- Legal Compliance: Ensure all permits, licenses, fees, taxes and/or assessments, and necessary employee certifications comply with federal, state and local requirements.
Tools and Technology
- Current: Ensure available tools and technologies are current and being consistently used.
- Future: Keep current with and recommend new tools and technologies that could improve Member experience and operational execution.
Minimum Education Level
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business or Hospitality Management.
- Minimum of 5 years Food and Beverage management experience with responsibility for departmental P/L, revenues of almost 2 million and 25+ employees.
- Golf, hospitality and/or service industry experience highly preferred.